buy a scarf, educate a girl
It's the weekend! Why not get enough sleep for once this weekend? During December life seems to move faster and it's easy to blow off sleep in favor of wrapping presents, planning the best party ever, or studying until your head hurts. Let's make a pact this weekend to get enough sleep. We promise you that you won't regret it. Here are five of the benefits of sleeping enough.
1. Brain Power: For all you test takers out there, one of the best things you can do for your gpa is to get enough sleep. Sleep improves memory through a process called consolidation.
2. Less Inflammation: Inflammation in the body can lead to all kinds of illnesses we don't want and has most recently been linked to depression. It also has been linked to heart disease, diabetes, and premature aging. Sleep can curb inflammation, so basically it makes you more healthy.
3. Get Creative: Studies show that the process to help your memory also makes people more creative during the day. Perfect if you want to make things and get enough sleep.
4. Stress Less: Getting enough sleep can help to lower your stress level. Who couldn't use that this time of year?
5. Be Happy: Studies show that naps can improve your mood by releasing serotonin.
Have a good weekend and get some good sleep! You just might be happier.